This is an incredibly fun project that works well for all ages and makes the classroom smell great too!
All the instructions you’ll need art at The Artful Parent, but I have a few hints for adapting it to the classroom.
- Have a station for wiping the foam off of the paper and a container to wipe the excess shaving cream into.
- Keep the stations clean! Teach the kids how to scrape then wipe, scrape then wipe the shaving cream off of the print, putting the excess cream in the appropriate receptacle.
- Keep the stations clean! Yes, it needs repeating. Have a tray for foamy utensils and paper towels available for cleaning hands.
- Don’t use too much ink. About 10 drops work well. I had several students using loads too much and, besides being a waste, the results were terrible and didn’t result in the marbling.
- Most importantly, don’t over-blend! This is a good time to have a lesson on white or negative space. A vital part to the designs is leaving some of the shaving cream untouched.