Some Other Things About Me:
- I like to garden. I love helping to create life (and also watching my husband do all of that heavy work, occasionally accidentally lighting the backyard on fire). But I hate the Alabama heat, humidity, devil grass, and bugs, so I’ve pretty much given up on many of my horticulture efforts.
- I grew up in Colorado where battling Mother Nature was so much easier.
- I love to hike. This love was instilled in me by an adventurous grandfather that was always exploring new trails and undiscovered places in southern Utah.
- I hate hiking alone.
- I once donated a kidney and it was hard and it was easy. My dark secret is that I loved the recovery period afterward because for the first time in my life I could allow myself to take pleasure in doing nothing and no one expected anything from me.
- I teach art classes out of my home and I love my students. Seeing how each one expresses their personality through their art is inspiring and invigorating.
I am always learning from other artists, great teachers, and my students.
View My Latest Adventures on Instagram
Things that inspire me, what’s on my easel, and my most current works.
The Bio: For all the media people knocking down my door
A few of her favorite projects have been:
- Painting a mural of Jesus Feeding The Five Thousand donated to the Salvation Army’s soup kitchen.
- The Painted Bra project to raise money for breast cancer research.
- Painted scenery for the Whimsical Woods, a project by Burritt on the Mountain, that encourages children to get outdoors and experience hands-on play.
[bctt tweet=”She is an artist who periodically talks about herself in the third person.”]