- I prefer making art that uplifts, inspires, and takes us back to those wistful moments in life.
- What I do best is immortalize precious family members (including the four-legged ones 🙂 ) in portraiture. These are gifts everyone appreciates, ask anyone! Or see my testimonials.
- I teach art at Valley Leadership Academy and out of my home. You’ll have to contact me to inquire about current classes. Or you could inquire about arranging private instruction.
- Occasionally I create coloring pages. I’d love for you to relax, unwind and refocus (trust me, coloring works!) View my coloring pages here. If you like what you see, subscribe!
A Common Theme: A Passion for People
It seems like my art has always revolved around people. I’ve made forays into landscape and still-life, but they’re never as engaging as paintings of people.
When you look at a landscape you may enjoy it but when you see a person standing in that field, you’re eyes dilate and your mind piques: Where is that person going? What are they doing there? What is their life like?
Test this for yourself. Go through some old photo albums and see what happens when you see loved ones and old friends. People invariable begin to smile and skim past the photos of simple scenery.
Some Other Things About Me:
- I like to garden. I love helping to create life (and also watching my husband do all of that heavy work, and when he occasionally accidentally lights the backyard on fire). But I hate the Alabama heat, humidity, devil grass, and bugs, so I’ve pretty much given up on many of my horticulture efforts.
- I grew up in Colorado where battling Mother Nature was so much easier.
- I love to hike. This love was instilled in me by an adventurous grandfather that was always exploring new trails and undiscovered places in southern Utah.
- I hate hiking alone.
- I teach art classes and I love seeing how each one expresses their personality through their art. It is inspiring and invigorating.
I am always learning from other artists, great teachers, and my students.
The Bio: For all the media people knocking down my door
A few of her favorite projects have been:
- Painting a mural of Jesus Feeding The Five Thousand donated to the Salvation Army’s soup kitchen.
- The Painted Bra project to raise money for breast cancer research.
- Painted scenery for the Whimsical Woods, a project by Burritt on the Mountain, that encourages children to get outdoors and experience hands-on play.