- I prefer making art that uplifts, inspires, and takes us back to wistful moments of nostalgia.
- What I do best is immortalize precious family members (including the four-legged ones 🙂 ) in portraiture. These are gifts everyone appreciates, ask anyone! Or see my testimonials.
- I teach art – not paint-by-numbers art, not art designed to keep large groups busy – real art techniques and skills. You’ll have to contact me to inquire about current or private classes.
- And, occasionally I create coloring pages. I’d love for you to relax, unwind and refocus (trust me, coloring works!) View my coloring pages here. If you like what you see, subscribe!
A Common Theme: A Passion for People
It seems like my art has always revolved around people. I’ve made forays into landscape and still-life, but they’re never as engaging as people.
When you look at a landscape you may enjoy it but when you see a person standing in that field, you’re eyes dilate and your mind piques: Where is that person going? What are they doing there? What is their life like?
Test this for yourself. Go through some old photo albums and see what happens when you see loved ones and old friends. People invariable begin to smile and quickly pass by the photos of simple scenery.
Some Other Things About Me:
- I like to garden. I love helping to create life (and also watching my husband do all of that heavy work, occasionally accidentally lighting the backyard on fire). But I hate the Alabama heat, humidity, devil grass, and bugs, so I’ve pretty much given up on many of my horticulture efforts.
- I grew up in Colorado where battling Mother Nature was so much easier.
- I love to hike. This love was instilled in me by an adventurous grandfather that was always exploring new trails and undiscovered places in southern Utah.
- I hate hiking alone.
- I once donated a kidney and it was hard and it was easy. My dark secret is that I loved the recovery period afterward because for the first time in my life I could allow myself to take pleasure in doing nothing and no one expected anything from me.
- I teach art classes out of my home and I love my students. Seeing how each one expresses their personality through their art is inspiring and invigorating.
I am always learning from other artists, great teachers, and my students.
View My Latest Adventures on Instagram
Things that inspire me, what’s on my easel, and my most current works.
The Bio: For all the media people knocking down my door
A few of her favorite projects have been:
- Painting a mural of Jesus Feeding The Five Thousand donated to the Salvation Army’s soup kitchen.
- The Painted Bra project to raise money for breast cancer research.
- Painted scenery for the Whimsical Woods, a project by Burritt on the Mountain, that encourages children to get outdoors and experience hands-on play.