Animal Eyes in Oil Pastel
- Black paint
- White paint
- Oil pastels
- Hard pointy thing for blending (I used the end of a paintbrush)
- analogous colors: three colors next to each other on the color wheel
- striations: a series of linear marks (iris)
- heterochromia: two different colored eyes
- Draw your eyes on cardstock. If you’re not comfortable drawing one on your own, use this PDF. *A helpful hint is to draw one eye, fold your paper in half and cut. This will make two equal eyes at once.
- Draw a large circle for the iris and a smaller circle or slit in the center for the pupil. Don’t be afraid to experiment with other shapes if you want!
- Paint the outer edge black.
- Pick three analogous colors of oil pastels to paint your iris.
- Start with the darkest color on the outer edges and switch to the lighter colors as you move towards the pupil. The lightest color should be nearest to the pupil.
- Blend the colors together with the hard pointy thing. Use blending strokes that point in from the outer edge to the inner edge. You could use your fingers or a cotton swab, but the results aren’t as good. Add a bit more color for any bare spots.
- Paint the pupil black.
- Add highlights. *MAKE SURE YOUR HIGHLIGHTS ARE IN THE SAME PLACE ON BOTH EYES.
See How the Kids Did
More Post Like This
https://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/cover.jpg 400 495 Natasha http://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/isthis-the-logo.png Natasha2020-11-05 14:34:412020-11-10 18:55:22Still Lifes for Cezanne
https://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/sed.png 400 495 Natasha http://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/isthis-the-logo.png Natasha2020-10-27 20:17:372020-10-27 20:46:20Playing With Symmetry
https://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/skullover.jpg 400 495 Natasha http://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/isthis-the-logo.png Natasha2020-10-27 15:57:002020-11-10 14:25:19Colorful Sugar Skulls
https://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/skeletoncover.jpg 400 495 Natasha http://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/isthis-the-logo.png Natasha2020-10-22 11:24:012020-11-05 10:14:26Drawing a Skeleton
https://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/colorwheelcover.jpg 400 495 Natasha http://www.nashadka.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/isthis-the-logo.png Natasha2020-10-20 21:55:362020-11-03 21:24:20A Little’s Color Theory